Tuesday, January 8, 2013

BARREL Status Report #12

BARREL Status Report #12

January 8, 2013



The SANAE team were able to launch another balloon today (Payload 1N) so we have a fantastic array up at the moment! See attached. Now we just need some geomagnetic activity to pick up. All the balloons are maintaining their altitude quite well except for balloon 1B which we anticipate terminating later today.



The Halley team plans to launch another payload (Payload 1I) at noon UT tomorrow; we expect to have high winds again after that lasting until Sunday. The SANAE team may also have another opportunity tomorrow. We will be talking with them in the morning to make a final decision on both balloons based on weather and science considerations.



Robyn