- finished bench-testing Payload 2S and buttoned it up into its final flight configuration.
- finished bench-testing Payload 2U.
- started bench testing Payload 2H.
- compiled an updated list of magnetic conjunctions between Kiruna and Van Allen Probes, MMS, and the FIREBIRD NSF cubesats.
- conducted our first daily burst telecon with representatives from Van Allen Probes, MMS, THEMIS, FIREBIRD, Aerocube-6 (two Aerospace cubesats), and the AARDVARK and EISCAT ground-based instrumentation groups.
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
BARREL Status Report #3 August 5, 2015
BARREL Status Report #3
August 5, 2015
Today was another productive day at Esrange. After a beautiful morning (during which we watched another group's balloon launch!), we continued to get payloads flight ready:
We're hoping for good weather tomorrow so we can do our final compatibility test and launch practice with Esrange. Our Flight Readiness Review is also scheduled for tomorrow.