Monday, April 15, 2013

Congrats to CalFigure skating and Dartmouth

I know this has nothing to do with space physics, but it has a space tie in I promise!

This past weekend was the College Figure Skating Championships held right here in Hanover NH. In a past life (pre-grad school) I was a figure skater and in my very limited free time I try to help teach at the local club. So of course I went and watched and low and behold two of the schools in the BARREL mission were there, Dartmouth (the reining champions) and Cal Berkley. During the Senior mens event I was ecstatic to see that Cal's skater Sean Sunyoto skated to a star trek inspired piece. I also think that he won best costume award. I couldn't get a great picture, but you get the idea. It's a star trek uniform. Awesome.

Anyway, Happy monday and congrats to Dartmouth on a silver place finish and to Cal on their fourth place finish! Both teams skated very well.




No comments:

Post a Comment